Tag Archives: waist pack water bottle

Dutch Gap Canal Lights

none

The Dutch Gap Canal Lights were built to mark the ends of Dutch Gap Canal, now called Dutch Gap Cutoff, which is a 34 nautical mile (1.4 km; 0.86 mi) cut across the base of an oxbow in the James River between Hopewell and Richmond, Virginia. They were on Farrar’s Island waist pack water bottle, on the south side of the river.

The first two structures were small wood frame towers similar in design to the Jordan Point Light, together with a keeper’s house, which were built in 1875 phone holder while running. The second tower washed away in December 1878; the first had been lost earlier. Both were replaced by lights on posts. The keeper’s house was threatened by erosion of the cliff and was moved inland in 1890.

In 1910 the lights were replaced by fixed lights glass water bottle looks like plastic. Their function survives stainless steel water, in modern form, as lights on skeleton towers, both with the characteristic Quick Flashing Green, numbers “151” and “155”, Light List numbers 2-12705 and 2-12735. The coordinates shown are for light 151 which is actually in the river. The original light was on the bank to the south.